[Tutor] Tutoring help automating with python

Roel Schroeven roel at roelschroeven.net
Thu Jul 27 03:48:43 EDT 2023

Op 26/07/2023 om 22:17 schreef Fatima Mehak:
> #*Traceback (most recent call last):
> #  File "/home/student-03-61dc276e6247/./fix_image.py", line 23, in <module>
> #    for file in os.listdir(srcdir):
> #FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '../input/'
Hi,

Others have already answered why '../input/' is not found. Once that is
solved, though, you're going to have the next issue: if I'm not
mistaken, Image.open(srcfile) will not find srcfile. That's because
os.listdir() returns the names of the files, with no reference to the
directory they're in.

One solution is to do something like this:

     for file in os.listdir(srcdir):
         resize_rename_rotate(os.path.join(srcdir, file), targetdir)

Regards,
Roel

--
"You can fool some of the people all the time, and all of the people some
of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time."