[Tutor] Tkinter and after() method

Cameron Simpson cs at cskk.id.au
Tue Jan 31 21:39:02 EST 2023

On 01Feb2023 12:11, Phil <phillor9 at gmail.com> wrote:
>On 1/2/23 11:10, Alan Gauld via Tutor wrote:
>>Where are the methods?
>>An object that has no operations is just data...
>
>I was coming to that, it's still work in progress.

Aye. Some things are just state of course :-)

But even a thing with not GUI methods may well grow methods returning
derived values or for doing specific types of adjustments to the state.

>>>my_dial = None    # I cannot see an alternative to their use at the
>>>moment
>>>my_canvas = None
>>Why not make them attributes of your root class?
>>After all the Root class actually represents your
>>application does it not?
>
>That's how they were but they weren't visible to functions outside the
>root class. I'll give this more thought.

This ties Phil back to a single dial. And also ties the dial to the
widget kit (tkinter).

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at cskk.id.au>