[Tutor] Help

dn PythonList at DancesWithMice.info
Thu Apr 20 21:44:03 EDT 2023

I'm sorry that this response may not be to your liking:-

We will be delighted to HELP you.

One of us completing an assignment will not enable your learning.

Please show what you have managed thus far, together with the output
produced (and/or error-messages). Thereafter, we will be able to offer
constructive criticism and point-out anything necessary to help.

Which topics and Python constructs has your course or book taught
recently? Will one or more of them lead towards an answer?

Reproduced from the list's description: "how to learn computer
programming with the Python language" cf paying others to write code for
you.

On 21/04/2023 11.27, Thurman Hill wrote:
> I need help with this question.
>

> Fill in the blanks to complete the “all_numbers” function. This function
> should return a space-separated string of all numbers, from the starting
>   “minimum” variable up to and including the “maximum” variable that's
> passed into the function. Complete the for loop so that a function call
> like “all_numbers(3,6)” will return the numbers “3 4 5 6”.
>

> def all_numbers(minimum, maximum):
>
>      return_string = "" # Initializes variable as a string
>
>      # Complete the for loop with a range that includes all
>      # numbers up to and including the "maximum" value.
>      for ___
>
>          # Complete the body of the loop by appending the number
>          # followed by a space to the "return_string" variable.
>          ___
>
>      # This .strip command will remove the final " " space
>      # at the end of the "return_string".
>      return return_string.strip()
>

> print(all_numbers(2,6))  # Should be 2 3 4 5 6
> print(all_numbers(3,10)) # Should be 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
> print(all_numbers(-1,1)) # Should be -1 0 1
> print(all_numbers(0,5))  # Should be 0 1 2 3 4 5
> print(all_numbers(0,0))  # Should be 0
>

> On Wed, Apr 12, 2023 at 12:51 PM Thurman Hill <thurmonium at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I’m getting a type error when I put this into the blanks… Please help.
>> I've been stuck for weeks…
>>

>> Fill in the blanks to print the even numbers from 2 to 12.
>>

>> number = range(2,12+1,2) # Initialize the variable
>>
>> while number > 0: # Complete the while loop condition
>>
>>      print(number, end=" ")
>>
>>      number # Increment the variable
>>

>> # Should print 2 4 6 8 10 12
>>

>> Error:
>>
>> Error on line 2:
>>
>>      while number > 0: # Complete the while loop condition
>>
>> TypeError: '>' not supported between instances of 'range' and 'int'

Regards,
=dn