[Tutor] sqlite3 module

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Mon Apr 17 16:59:21 EDT 2023

On 4/16/23 21:49, Alex Kleider wrote:
> Good of you ('Q' aka ThreeBlindQuarks:-) to respond.
> Yes, I've been doing more researching and am realizing that one can in
> fact use dicts but with None/Null as values that are not meant to be
> touched (at least I think that's correct; haven't tested it yet!)

Just a comment, not as strong as a recommendation... if you're going to
be doing a lot of work with sql, you might want to look into the growing
list of Python ORM modules, that map between the Python object model and
the sql relational model, so you can basically "write Python" instead of
strings full of SQL syntax.

See SQLAlchemy, SQLObject, Django, peewee, storm, etc.

Some people have negative view of these while some swear by them.