[Tutor] Pytest - Sounddevice callback function

dn PythonList at DancesWithMice.info
Thu Oct 6 21:47:48 EDT 2022

On 07/10/2022 14.32, Brian Wheatley wrote:
> Hey DN,
>
> I'm not too sure.. I'm really new to python.
> There is alot of sources on the web saying this can't be done, but I
> thought I would reach out to this forum.
>
> Can you give an example of how you might do this?

1 have a known sound
record something which you know, and save this in both numpy and audio
format.

2 Ensure the test fixture is actually 'the sound' by outputting (both)
to speakers.

3 Build a test which accepts any input sound, and compares that against
the above (both formats) - if the input-sound is the same*, the test
passes, else...

* I fear that defining this, is a bit more involved than describing it!

> On Thu., Oct. 6, 2022, 21:09 dn, <PythonList at danceswithmice.info
> <mailto:PythonList at danceswithmice.info>> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>
>     On 07/10/2022 10.37, Brian Wheatley wrote:
>      > Hello,
>      >
>      > Is there any way to pytest a callback function, using the sounddevice
>      > library?
>      > I basically just want to test if the Inputstream is working.
>      > Or even assert that no exception is found.
>
>     Am probably misunderstanding the question: why not have the
>     callback-function return either/both the data-received (or len()
>     thereof) and 'status'?
>
>     NB don't know if incoming 'silence' is actually zero/null or if there
>     will be values for 'static'/white-noise!
>
>     If revealed to be necessary, please explain further...
>     --
>     Regards,
>     =dn

Regards,