[Tutor] Python, Poetry, PyCharm Pro and macOS

Simon Connah simon.n.connah at protonmail.com
Wed May 11 15:57:38 EDT 2022

Hi,

I have installed Python 3.10.4 on my Apple Silicon Mac. I then downloaded PyCharm Pro version 2022.1 and started a new project. When asked what package manager I wanted to use (the options were pipenv, virtualenv, poetry and conda) I chose Poetry because I hadn't tried it before and after reading the website a bit it sounded better than using virtualenv which is what I have used in the past.

Anyway, things seemed to work correctly but then I tried to install scrypt and the build failed. I wanted to delete the poetry environment so I could start again from scratch but I then realised I had no idea where poetry on macOS stored the environment.

Can someone point me in the right direction, please?

Simon.