[Tutor] Tkinter canvas on frame

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 1 05:47:05 EST 2022

On 28/02/2022 23:52, Phil wrote:

> I understand that the pack manager should be left to automatically
> adjust the size of the window.  However, in the case of a drawn line or
> a shape that extends off the edge of the canvas, isn't it still
> necessary to specifically set the window geometry or is it simply left
> to the user to enlarge the window?

So what if the user draws it even bigger? What happens in other graphics
programs you've used? Usually you have the option to zoom in/out without
changing the size of the window. But when zoomed in part of the image
will be off-screen.

But scaling the content of a canvas could be tricky. I don't know
if the widget offers any assistance there?

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site