[Tutor] Gaussian to image

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jun 7 18:35:22 EDT 2022

On 07/06/2022 11:33, Gaurav Shukla wrote:
> Hello,
> Is there a way to convert Gaussian curves to a greyscale image simulating a
> CCD image?

Probably, but its not really a Pthon question but a mathematical one.
You may be better off asking on one of the Python scientific computing
forums. sciPy might be a good start.

> So basically my Gauss has an x-value and y-value with multiple Gaussian's,
> which one generally get from a CCD/sCMOS experimentally.
>
> I have generated a Gaussian spectrum (with four peaks) based on atomic
> physics calculations, I would then try to read with another code that would
> read the image and give back the Gaussian spectrum.

That is all very domain specific. But this is a general
programming forum concerned with the Python language and
its standard library.

It sounds like your request is very domain specific so
either you need to find a forum for that domain(see above)
or you have to go back to basics and exolain what those
2 paragraphs mean in simple terms a layman can understand.

> I am very new so any help would be highly appreciated.

We are happy to help with any Python programming questions.
But how you apply math to this specific question is a bit
beyond our remit. If you are very lucky one or two of our
members will recognise what you are saying, but you are
much more likely to find that on the Scipy fora

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site