[Tutor] Volunteer teacher

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jul 24 07:52:14 EDT 2022

On 23/07/2022 20:27, Mats Wichmann wrote:

>> should precede it with an introduction to a language-neutral OOAD textbook.
>
> Maybe... I haven't looked at one for so long, but I'd worry that they'd
> nod too much to existing implementations like Java

There are very few language neutral OOAD books and most are
from the early days of OOP in the 80's and 90's.

Sadly OOP has become synonymous with class based programming
(with Java a prime example) and as a result has acquired a
poor reputation with a generation of programmers who have
never really understood what it was about. Partly because
they never had to struggle with a world where OOP was not
an option.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site