[Tutor] Ways of removing consequtive duplicates from a list

avi.e.gross at gmail.com avi.e.gross at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 12:20:11 EDT 2022

Dennis,

You may be changing the topic from pythons to lions as an extremely common
Sikh name is variations on Singh and it is also used by some Hindus and
others.

I, too, have had no incentive to join LinkedIn but can see DOZENS of people
with a name that might as well be John Smith.

How can you zoom in on the right one? They are literally everywhere
including working at LinkedIn, Microsoft and so on and plenty of them are in
a search with SQL as part of it. Your link fails for me.

However, I had not considered some possibilities of how someone might use a
group like this. I mean it can be to collect mistakes people make or where
people get stuck or how the people posting replies think, make assumptions,
suggest techniques and so on.

But so what? Some questions may well be reasonable even if for a purpose.
And yes, some people abuse things and can make it worse for others. I know
that some people/questions do after a while motivate me to ignore them. The
fact is that within a few days of people discussing something here, it is
considered decent for the one who started it to chime in and answer our
questions or comment on what we said or simply say the problem is solved and
we can move on.

I will say this, I have had what I wrote ending up published when it still
contained a spelling error and I was not thrilled as my informal posts are
not meant to be used this way without my permission. If someone here told us
up-front what they wanted to do with our work, I might e way more careful or
opt out.