[Tutor] Pythonwin was Re: download

Dennis Lee Bieber wlfraed at ix.netcom.com
Fri Jan 14 11:55:39 EST 2022

On Fri, 14 Jan 2022 00:36:51 +0000, Alan Gauld via Tutor <tutor at python.org>
declaimed the following:

>Do ActiveState still provide the pythonwin IDE?

	I'm a few versions out of date (3.8) so I don't know what they've done.
I grumbled enough when getting 3.8 required me to create a bloody login,
after decades of the "free" version being a simple direct download.

>Last time I used ActiveState they had greatly reduced what
>they supplied and were moving to a more cloud based arrangement,
>so I kind of lost interest. But if they still provide pythonwin
>then I might try again because I liked it better than IDLE on
>Windows.

	Since Pythonwin was tied to the win32 extensions package, it may be
available separately... https://www.pythonpool.com/pythonwin/ (though it
has moved from SourceForge)
https://github.com/mhammond/pywin32

	wlfraed at ix.netcom.com    http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/