[Tutor] Automate report from tableau dashboard

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Feb 19 11:49:12 EST 2022

On 19/02/2022 12:18, mohammed ibrahim via Tutor wrote:
> Hi Pythoners
>
> I’m trying to automate a report that should run every hour  and execute
> a series of filter from a tableau dashboard and send a report email
> to few people , please let me know if this is doable ?
Yes it is.

But how to do it will depend a lot on your OS since each OS has its own
tools for scheduling jobs.

Also what format the report is in etc. will make a big difference.
I'm not sure if a tableu dashboard in this case means a specific
product or a generic type of tableu. If its a specific prodct it
may have an API, possubly even a python package for accessing it.
If you mean a generic tableu then a lot will depend on how it
is built and what access it offers.

It will also depend n whether you have direct access to the servers
or whether you must access it remotely. If the latter is it within
the same firewall or remotely over the internet?

So, yes it is possible, but exactly how remains a mystery.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site