[Tutor] could someone break this down

Nathan Smith nathan-tech at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 9 18:56:55 EDT 2022

Hi there,

I've been working with a module recently called TWL-06 python scrabble
dictionary, found here:

https://github.com/fogleman/TWL06

in this module, the creator packaged a dictionary of words into a DAWG,
Directed Acyclic Word Graph, which was then packaged into a binary
lookup table.

the table is base64 encoded and compressed with zlib, which is fine I
got that.

Once unpackaged from that though (done by the module) it still does not
look like words to me (presumably because it is in a DAWG). I don't
entirely understand how to create these though and fear it's because I
don't understand the termonology perhaps?

I found this DAWG creator, https://github.com/AndrasKovacs/dawg-gen

but don't want to use tit without knowing 1, what I'm talking about and
2, if it will even work.

Any help anyone can provide is appreciated.

Nathan

--

Best Wishes,

Nathan Smith, BSC