[Tutor] See execution of script live from command line

dn PyTutor at DancesWithMice.info
Sat Oct 2 22:50:17 EDT 2021

On 03/10/2021 07.48, Julius Hamilton wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I am running a script with some user input and I’d like to see the script
> being executed at the same time, in split screen at the command line (for
> example, with tmux or GNU screen).
>
> What are my options for printing out what the computer is doing as it
> executes the code?
>
> What levels are there? Can we see which line of the program it’s currently
> executing in both Python and assembly language, for example?

https://pythontutor.com/visualize.html

At least one of the editors has similar facility built-in, but I can't
remember which (ie please research for yourself): Idle, Wing, Thony,
and/or Spyder. eg https://hackr.io/blog/best-python-ide
--
Regards,
=dn