[Tutor] Error When Using CoolProp

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Nov 25 03:58:13 EST 2021

On 24/11/2021 20:17, Bernard Marjaba wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am having trouble using CoolProp with python. I have macOS Big Sur 11.5.1 with python version 3.10.
>
> import CoolProp.CoolProp as CP
> is giving me the error ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘CoolProp.CoolProp’ because it is not installed. I am however using it with MATLAB with no issues. I assume each software has its own wrapper?

I've never heard of coolprop but, in general, binary packages
will have separate wrappers for each application that uses them,
so Python and Matlab will each need their own wrapper.

As to what's going wrong with the pip I have no idea.
Are you using a virtual environment?
Are you calling pip directly or using "python -m pip..."

Perhaps somebody else can respond. Or you might like to
post on any coolprop support fora.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site