[Tutor] The Python way and two dimensional lists

Phil phillor9 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 22:33:40 EST 2021

On 23/11/21 10:56, Alan Gauld via Tutor wrote:

> When I'm coding a big project I have 3 windows open:
> 1) The editor or IDE I'm using(depends on language)
> 2) The interactive interpreter (depends on language)
> 3) an OS prompt set to run the program (I don't
> fully trust IDE tools to run my code, I always do
> a final test as an end user would)

I only have a smallish laptop and so I don't have enough screen space to
view multiple windows. VS Code takes up the whole screen but I sometimes
have IDLE running at the same time so that I can copy working bits to VS
Code.

I now have my Sudoku solver fully working in Python (I built the same
project almost 20 years ago with QT and C++ and although it works, the
code is a real mess). All I have to do now is modify some bits so that
they comply with the Python way and remove the debugging print statements.

--

Regards,
Phil