[Tutor] consider a problem of finding if two lists have any item in common

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Mar 21 12:40:56 EDT 2021

Sent from my iPad

> On 21 Mar 2021, at 14:54, Peter Otten <__peter__ at web.de> wrote:
>
> While I tend to regard the interpreter's "answer" as authoritative there
> is always a small chance that you rely on an implementation accident or
> even a bug.

Yes, but that’s a very small chance. Especially for a well established language feature.
And I’d argue there’s at least as much chance of being given misinformation, or incomplete information, asking on a group like tutor!

But it’s always much quicker to ask the interpreter in the first instance. Then if doubt remains you can present evidence why you think things are other than they should be.

Alan g.