[Tutor] zoneinfo not working properly

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Sun Jul 18 16:47:56 EDT 2021

On 7/17/21 11:44 PM, Shashank Jain wrote:
> I was using python 3.9.3 then zoneinfo library was working fine without any
> issues. but now after installing 3.9.6 there are problems.  Ex.
>
> Using below code there no outputs. and further there are issues while
> working with timezones with zoninfo  where I tried same things with pytz
> that was giving correct output.
>
> for i in zoneinfo.available_timezones():
>      print(i)

I'm sure this is no comfort to you, but I tried this with 3.9.6 and
there were no problems.

It suggests something may have gone haywire with your installation,
rather than that zoneinfo itself is broken in 3.9.6 (which should not
happen anyway - it's got a decent test suite which should catch things)