[Tutor] Error while importing a .py file from another .py file.

adityakarthik9 at gmail.com adityakarthik9 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 03:20:56 EDT 2021

   Hi.

        I am trying to execute a dump file using a .py file.

        I am using ubuntu for my projects.

        The command I give in the ubuntu terminal is :

        python3 main.py file.dump

   I am pointing to the path:
   ".local/lib/python3/packages/notebook/riscv-newop"

   Inside "riscv-newop" directory, there is a file "rvnewop" which consists
   of main.py which I am trying to execute on my dump file which is also
   inside the same folder rvnewop.

       When I type this command, I get an error stating that:

       File "main.py", line 3, in

      from .Histogram import Histogram

      ImportError: attempted relative import with no known parent package

        I am trying to plot histogram for my dump file. So the output of this

        command should give me the frequency with which an assembly
   instruction is

       repeated in the dump file.

       I am using the program from the following link to get the results.

        https://github.com/riscv-newop/riscv-newop/tree/master/rvnewop

      From my understanding, the error is occurring due to some directory

       mis-match but I made sure that all the files are in the same
   directory.

   If I use the below command:

   python3 -m rvnewop path/to/file.dump

   I think it should work but the rvnewop folder consists of many .py files.
   I do not want the output for all of the files. I am only trying to execute
   the main.py file which imports the Histogram.py file both of which are
   inside the rvnewop folder.

   My only doubt is : What directory should I be pointing to when I execute
   the command:

   python3 -m rvnewop path/to/file.dump

   And how to get the results only with main.py for my dump file without
   getting the error which is mentioned above .

   Thank You

   Sent from [1]Mail for Windows 10