[Tutor] Rerouting a traceback

Jim Byrnes jf_byrnes at comcast.net
Mon Jan 25 21:21:10 EST 2021

Linux Mint 20 - Python 3.8

Is it possible to reroute a traceback to a GUI wintow?

Here's why I ask. I usually run scripts using a launcher app on my top
panel.  The scripts download stock data and then manipulate it in
Libreoffice calc. The execution time varies. After a while if nothing
appears in calc I assume there was an error and must re-launch the
script from a terminal to see what went wrong.

It would be helpful if I could display the error when it occurs in popup
window.

I've googled it but so far haven't found any help. I've used pysimplegui
on occasion and thought maybe it's debug window would do the trick but
so far I haven't been able to figure anything out.

So before I waste anymore time on this I would like to know if it is
possible and maybe a hint on how to do it if it is possible.

Thanks,  Jim