[Tutor] How this list works

Roel Schroeven roel at roelschroeven.net
Sat Feb 27 11:24:47 EST 2021

Alan Gauld schreef op 22/02/2021 om 16:44:
> Over the last few months I've had several emails asking me to delete
> certain
> posts (including one from mid 2018!).
>
> The usual reason for this is that the sender has included personal
> details that
> they do not wish published. I thought I'd better make it clear how the list
> works and the limits of our (the moderators) abilities.
 >
 > [...]

There is an automated response sent to people new to the Tutor list, or
who have not posted in a while. Maybe it's an idea to add a section
about this issue to that automated response? By the time people get that
automated response the harm is already done, but at least they should
then be aware for future posts.

--
"Honest criticism is hard to take, particularly from a relative, a
friend, an acquaintance, or a stranger."

Roel Schroeven