[Tutor] Questions about Creating Executables and Backward Compatibility

Marc Tompkins marc.tompkins at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 18:16:28 EST 2021

I think py2exe might be what you're looking for: https://www.py2exe.org/

It bundles the Python interpreter + supporting files, along with your
script and any dependencies, into a single executable suitable for
distribution.  It's a compromise, of course - on one hand the executable is
relatively large because it has to include Python itself, and on the other
hand your users don't get a usable Python development environment out of it
- but it gets the job done fairly easily.