[Tutor] OS lib creating an directory using an absolute path.

Cameron Simpson cs at cskk.id.au
Tue Feb 9 17:29:07 EST 2021

On 09Feb2021 13:47, Alan Gauld <alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>On 09/02/2021 10:57, Cameron Simpson wrote:
>> Alas, I must apply my personal scripts to files from others. I like
>> them
>> to be robust.
>
>Yes, its increasingly the case that even "official" files from
>installed apps have files with spaces in the names so I'm having
>to remember to use quotes etc. But, particularly in the shell
>it's not always obvious just when and what kind of
>quotation/escape sequence I need.

If you've got something tricky, poll me privately. I write a _lot_ of
shell.

>The fewer of the things I find the better, so I still avoid
>adding to the chaos with my personal stuff.

Aye. Our home media server has entirely lowercase dashed filenames.
Though a few have apostrophes in them :-(

Apps like Plex _require_ a media tree with filenames-with-spaces,
because they deduce titles etc from them. Ugh. I have a script to make a
parallel Plex tree from the real media tree.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at cskk.id.au>