[Tutor] Installing Python 2 with Python 3 already installed

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 18 18:56:29 EDT 2021

On 18/08/2021 19:39, Julius Hamilton wrote:
> I would like to run the tool YouTube-DL (in Ubuntu 20.04). After
> installing, when I try to run it, it says "python: no such file or
> directory".

How exactly ae you running it?
A GUI icon? A terminal command line? Something else?

If a command line show us the exact command you type and the exact error
- cut n paste from the terminal please.

> I tried to install Python 2 with "apt-get install python",

You probably need to specify the exact python version.
On modern linux boxes python tends to mean python 3.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site