[Tutor] downloading the whl

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Wed Oct 14 18:45:39 EDT 2020

On 10/14/20 4:13 PM, john fabiani wrote:
> when I used the download feature with the authorizenet module - the
> feature downloaded a .tar.gz file and not the 'whl'.
>
> So now I'm at a lost how to deal with the file.

that's all there is...  you can always search for a package on pypi.org
and click on Download Files to see what there is.

https://pypi.org/project/authorizenet/#files

So the author has not provided wheels.  Hopefully it will work - pip is
designed to work with "source distributions", some of which don't need
to compile anything, and some of which do.  (the latter tends to be hard
to get working right if you're on a Windows system, you usually have to
find the instructions indicating what setup and what non-Python
dependencies there are)

Just try it and see if it works?