[Tutor] update a list

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 17:42:11 EDT 2020

On 11/10/2020 22:20, dn via Tutor wrote:

[snipped to hell]

> Perhaps I have used the term a little loosely, isn't this "slicing":
>
> ...range( 0, len( l ), 2 )
>
> by intent, if not by definition - given that the purpose is to generate
> every second index? Presumably, if slicing is [ i, j, k ] then precise
> definitions describe indexing, ie using only the [ i ]/first of the
> three, as not-slicing. Are we slicing definitions?

I've no idea at all how you manage to bring 'range' and 'len' into a
discussion about slicing so please explain.

> To say "doesn't work" requires an assumption (either way), as discussed
> elsewhere.

That's complete nonsense as nothing in the original post says anything
about the input other than it is a list.

> Tell you what: you do one, and I'll measure the other...

I'm not wasting my time on something that does not work.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence