[Tutor] Duplicate items in list

Manprit Singh manpritsinghece at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 22:40:08 EDT 2020

Dear sir ,

I feel the use of the object() call is ok , while printing the elements of
the list without printing the consecutive duplicates .

lst = [3, 3, 5, 5, 5, 6, 6, 6, 5, 9, 3, 3, 3, 5, 5]
last = object()
for itm in lst:
     if itm != last:
...      print(itm)
...      last = itm

Here If the List is starting from None then it is more safer to take last =
object(). Need to know why it should not be preferred ? Any specific reason
?

Regards
Manprit Singh