[Tutor] Learning Python By Doing

John Weller john at johnweller.co.uk
Sun Oct 4 06:00:27 EDT 2020

>    Is there any free course or book that doesn’t spends a lot of time on the
>    basics itself but teach us via doing projects ?

You might like to look at FutureLearn.com.  They have a series of free courses on Python; the courses are aimed at teachers learning Python in order to teach it but are none the worse for that.  I have taught myself Python over lockdown and found them very useful.  They are supposedly a couple of hours per week for several weeks but there is no reason why you cannot just keep going - I did 3 of them in a week.

I am now dabbling with C++ and found the Easy Steps book very good, they have one on Python which will probably be equally good.  Other free resources I have found helpful are Socratica and Corey Schafer on YouTube.

John Weller