[Tutor] python 3.8 matplot lib issue

Paul Simon psimon at sonic.net
Wed Nov 11 14:34:15 EST 2020

On 11/11/2020 9:45 AM, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Nov 2020 21:26:09 -0800, Paul Simon <psimon at sonic.net> declaimed
> the following:
>

>> I would like some help if anyone has had this problem and solved it.
>>

> 	As that discussion mentions, the problem is a change in the Windows 10
> C-runtime library. A fix will have to await M$ releasing an update.
>
> 	If it means anything -- I think* numpy was working for me last week,
> and fails now... M$ pushed updates to my machine last night... (Had to
> reboot since it corrupted my graphics card -- the screen saver went to
> top-left quarter of screen, and Firefox came up in full-screen but not
> maximized)
>

> * or was it just matplotlib that I was testing

Thank you both for the suggestions.  Yes, I did look at that web page
but was wary of making the change to an earlier version of numpy.  I'm
just a novice programmer not quite up to journeyman.  I was looking for
people who were currently using it and what they were doing.

I have another computer (or two) with linux installed and runs well with
current numpy.  I'll make the change on windows and if there is a
problem will wait until January to work on windows.

Thanks again

Paul Simon