[Tutor] Finding Matplotlib somewhere ADDING ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Nov 8 18:35:41 EST 2020

On 08/11/2020 22:31, Ken Green wrote:

> Matplotlib was installed by pip and apt-get and verified by pip3 list.
> When typing each of the following lines in python 3 shell command line,
> no error were noted.
>
> from datetime import date
> import matplotlib.dates

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "bioyear.py", line 24, in <module>
>      import matplotlib.dates
> ImportError: No module named matplotlib.dates
>
> It seems not to find matplotlib anywhere

It says it can't find matplotlib.dates, which is not the same
as saying it can't find matplotlib. I'd check that first

>>> import matplotlib

Does that work?

Are you sure there is a matplotlib.dates in the Python 3 version
of matplotlib?

Also there is a dedicated support community for SciPy, of which
matplotlib is part. You might get more experienced answers there.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site