[Tutor] how to install python3.8 using virtualenvwrapper

Don Jennings dfjennings at gmail.com
Sat May 9 21:18:37 EDT 2020

I’m glad you were able to make progress.

I’ve been using pyenv [1] ever since I read a piece by Jacob Kaplan-Moss about his choice of tools [2]. Recently I replaced pipenv with pyenv-virtualenv [3] and direnv [4] to the mix. It’s the best setup I’ve ever used for managing multiple projects with differing requirements. I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention pipx [5] for python command line tools like black, flake8 and awscli.

Best,
Don

[1] https://github.com/pyenv/pyenv
[2] https://jacobian.org/2018/feb/21/python-environment-2018/