[Tutor] Partly Off Topic - Email clients for email discussion lists

Torbjörn Svensson Diaz torbjorn.svensson.diaz at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 15:10:30 EST 2020

On 2020-03-03 19:47, Alan Gauld via Tutor wrote:
> On 03/03/2020 16:10, Torbjörn Svensson Diaz wrote:
>> What are the best email clients for email discussion lists?
>
> If you are talking GUIs then that's a different discussion.
> My favourite is Thunderbird (and on Windows 95 it was Pegasus,
> but I don't even know if it is still supported!)

I currently use Thunderbird with a gmail address. Do you know how to
configure it, so that all email from a specific list is automatically
sorted into a specific folder? I have searched the Internet for
instructions but haven't found any. This far I have manually moved all
email belonging to this list from the inbox to a folder I call
"tutor at python.org". I am a newcomer to email lists.

> But you may have a different concept of "best"...

I think I have the same concept of "best" as you do.

I was formerly very active on text-only Usenet groups but now that
they're dead I look for greener pastures in the world of email lists.
Email lists and text-only Usenet groups seem pretty similar to me.

--
Torbjörn Svensson Diaz