[Tutor] New to Linux, trying to install python 3 - please help :)

mdrotts mdrotts at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 9 08:37:59 EDT 2020

Hi,
I'm a total noobie to Linux and want to install Python 3 (3.8.3) on a Linux Mint (previously used on Windows 10 machine).
Pulling up Terminal and following the instructions from Readme

Build Instructions

------------------

On Unix, Linux, BSD, macOS, and Cygwin::

    ./configure

    make

    make test

    sudo make install

This will install Python as ``python3``.

when entering the first line, I get "bash: no such file or directory"
How can I install the downloaded version (directly downloaded 3.8.3 from python.org > downloads)?
Sorry, first post, so please be gentle :D
Thanks!D.