[Tutor] Input is Dictionary1, Output is Dictionary2 (using keys and values of Dictionary1)

Panchanathan Suresh suresh.gm at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 15:23:47 EST 2020

Hi Everyone,

I spent a lot of time on this, trying out many things, but I am unable to
create a new dictionary with the users as keys and a list of their groups
as values.

Input Dictionary is {"local": ["admin", "userA"],"public":  ["admin",
"userB"],"administrator": ["admin"] }
Expected Output Dictionary is {"userA": ["admin","public"], "userB":
["admin"], "administrator": ["admin"]}

--- How to create an unique group for a particular user?
--- And then how to add this user key and the user's value (which will be
the list of groups the user belongs to)

*****
def groups_per_user(group_dictionary):
        user_groups = {}
        groups = []
        # Go through group_dictionary
        for group,user in group_dictionary.items():
                # Now go through the users in the group
                for user1 in user:
                        groups.append(group)
                        print(user1,groups)

        return(user_groups)

print(groups_per_user({"local": ["admin", "userA"],"public":  ["admin",
"userB"],"administrator": ["admin"] }))

*****

Thanks so much