[Tutor] Remove some known text around text I need to keep

David L Neil PyTutor at DancesWithMice.info
Wed Jan 29 19:35:12 EST 2020

On 30/01/20 12:30 PM, Alan Gauld via Tutor wrote:

>> Some call it "pedantry", others "attention to detail" but don't forget
>> the closing square-bracket!
>
> Although, looking at the OPs original post, he retained the closing
> bracket...
> But I think he did intend to remove them...
> So either a slice, or better, rstrip('] ') will deal with those.

Hah! You're correct - I read the word "tags". Further, the idea of using
RegEx seemed to support the idea of finding "contents" rather than
trimming a prefix...

In Italian, do parentheses, brackets, braces, etc, not come in pairs?
--
Regards =dn