[Tutor] Remove some known text around text I need to keep

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jan 29 13:46:32 EST 2020

On 29/01/2020 16:37, Robert Alexander wrote:
]
> [SINTOMO: paziente sintomatica per dispnea moderata]
> [SEGNO: Non edemi]
> [SEGNO: calo di 2 kg (55,8 kg)]
> [TERAPIA: ha ridotto la terapia diuretica]

> the same lines as above what I need to write back in the new “clean” files are like the following:

> paziente sintomatica per dispnea moderata]
> Non edemi]
> calo di 2 kg (55,8 kg)]
> ha ridotto la terapia diuretica]

Look at the partition method of strings:

partition(...)
 S.partition(sep) -> (head, sep, tail)

 Search for the separator sep in S, and return the part before it,
 the separator itself, and the part after it.  If the separator is not
 found, return S and two empty strings.

Example:

>>> "FRED: Heris a partition: that looks like s".partition(':')
('FRED', ':', ' Heris a partition: that looks like s')

It should work with embedded \n too.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site