[Tutor] OT - gmane

Jim jf_byrnes at comcast.net
Fri Jan 17 12:08:46 EST 2020

On 1/16/20 3:10 PM, Alan Gauld via Tutor wrote:
> On 16/01/2020 19:38, Zachary Ware wrote:
>
>> Gmane has moved:
>> https://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/2020/01/15/news-gmane-org-is-now-news-gmane-io/
>>

> Has anyone succeeded in getting the nntp feed to work
> on the new servers?
>
> Not just the tutor list - anything at all?
>
> I failed miserably.

Alan,

I just managed to download all the messages from the newsgroups I had
subscribed to using the old gmane. This includes Tutor and even one I
tried to subscribe to on the old gmane as a test.

I use Thunderbird on Linux Mint. All I did was go to the server settings
and change news.gmane.org to news.gmane.io.

I am sending you this message using tutor at python.org.

I will send you a test message from new.gmane.io after I send this.

Regards,  Jim