[Tutor] Beginning String Problems

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Wed Jan 1 20:06:17 EST 2020

On 1/1/20 6:01 PM, boB Stepp wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> On Wed, Jan 1, 2020 at 6:15 PM William Dickey <wpdickey at usc.edu> wrote:

>> I am using Windows 10 64 bit, Atom text editor, Python 3.4.

this has *nothing* to do with your issue, which I can't think about
because I have to finish putting dinner on the table :)   but... don't
use 3.4.  It's quite old, going on six years if I recall.  3.8 is the
current release.  If your material says "install 3.4", you should be
able to safely use 3.8 in all but some real edge cases that no course
would likely ever touch (the alternative is not true: something written
for 3.8 might hit more issues using 3.4).