[Tutor] Basic ElementTree - another question

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Wed Feb 26 19:22:06 EST 2020

On 2/26/20 5:12 PM, Phil wrote:
> On 26/2/20 7:19 pm, Peter Otten wrote:
>> These building blocks should be enough to generate the desired xml.
>
> Thank you for taking the time to answer Peter and you are correct I do
> have enough information to build the file but for some unknown reason I
> have not been successful.
>
> I have an IT degree and that compounds the embarrassment caused by this
> matter. In my defence I think it's an age thing; I've forgotten more
> that I've ever learnt.

Don't be embarrassed. That "forgotten much" thing applies to many of
us!. You can only retain what you use, and those bits would come back if
you needed them, the mind is an interesting thing. We'll continue to try
to help as we can.

There's also: XML Is Evil.  There are more concised ways to build
textual representations of data that actually work quite well without
exploding our brains. Taking 100-ish bytes of data and wrapping it in
tags to blow the amount up to 300+ bytes is, well...  if only machines
have to deal with it, it doesn't matter too much.  Supposedly.

Just sayin' (and I know, not actually helpin').