[Tutor] RC5 in Python

Kai Bojens kb at kbojens.de
Wed Feb 26 04:46:39 EST 2020

Is there any way to use RC5 for decryption purposes in Python? I even looked on
page 2 of the Google results and all I found were deprecations notices, removals
due to patents and some old github repos with python 2 code. None of the
available crypto modules support RC5 at the moment. There are of course very
good reasons to not use RC5 today, but there is still some data I need to
decrypt …

(And of course I don't want to code my own encryption as we all know that this
 leads to bigger problems) :)