[Tutor] A picture book that teaches Python basics

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Dec 29 05:42:49 EST 2020

On 29/12/2020 03:01, Shari Eskenas wrote:

> I'm writing a unique Python book for beginners called *A Day in Code:
> Python. * It's a picture book that tells a story with Python programs that
> represent real-life situations. It teaches Python basics with the code
> examples that compose the story. It's currently on Kickstarter (ends Jan.
> 15th):
>
> https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/914595512/a-day-in-code-python
>
> I hope this book will be a fun and helpful resource for beginners learning
> Python. :)

>From one author to another I wish you well.

That is a very challenging format, I've seen at least 2 other attempts
to teach programming using pictures, neither was very successful.
The fundamental problem being that programming (Scratch and
Turbovision aside) is a fundamentally textual process. How to
convey that in a pictorial style is hard to imagine, but you
obviously have some ideas. I look forward to seeing what you
produce.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site