[Tutor] Navigation Problem

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 11 15:10:04 EDT 2020

On 11/08/2020 18:15, Nanogram32 wrote:
>    Adobe gave this instruction for the purpose of changing Adobe ID;
>
>    "Navigate to /Users/Library/Application Support/Adobe//Digital Editions/
>    and drag the activation.dat to trash.”
>
>    When I get to library from command line I can ls and find Application
>    Support but when I try and open I get message “No such file”.
>
>    I can  open other files in Library but not Application Support.
>
>    Have been trying for days. Grateful for help.

You do understand that you are posting this on a Python programming
forum right? There is nothing about python here?

It sounds like you are on a Mac? And for some reason are using the
Terminal instead of the Finder, is that right?

When you say you try to "open" it, how are you doing that?
Can you show us your exact command line(pasted not a screen grab)
and error message?

Are you putting quotes around the folder name:

cd "Application Support"

for example?

But it would be easier to just use the Finder, which is obviously what
the Adobe instructions assume you are using...

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site