[Tutor] [OT] Cool vim feature

Zachary Ware zachary.ware+pytut at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 16:52:53 EDT 2020

On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 7:16 AM Alan Gauld via Tutor <tutor at python.org> wrote:
> I've been using vi/vim since 1986.
> Today I learned a cool new feature that has been there for at least 10
> years and I never knew.
>
> When in insert mode if you hit Ctrl-N it brings up a list of completions
> - IDE style. Repeated Ctlr-N steps through them. Ctrl-U cancels.

I'm a more recent convert (somewhere around 2015, I think), but didn't
know this either.  I was basically in the same boat; I knew people did
have completion in vim, but assumed it to be a plugin or something I
would have to configure and never took the time to look into it.  Now
that I know about it, I can foresee this being a very frequently used
feature once it makes it into muscle memory.  Thanks for bringing it
up!

--
Zach