[Tutor] OT (probably): How to change default tab key value to 4 spaces in GNOME Terminal?

boB Stepp robertvstepp at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 00:33:56 EDT 2020

Oh, joy.  I just looked at how my email below looked at
mail.python.org/pipermail/tutor and see that my oh so wonderful Gmail
has further *adjusted* things.

On Sat, Apr 25, 2020 at 11:10 PM boB Stepp <robertvstepp at gmail.com> wrote:

> 3.7.5:  def f(s):
> ...                   print(s)

What I now see on Tutor is that the "print(s)" lines up several spaces
beyond the colon!

> After some searching online the best advice I could find was to enter
> at the command prompt "tabs -4".  I tried this and as far as I can
> tell it did not work for me while in the Python interpreter.  However,
> in drafting this email to Tutor when I actually copy and paste what
> looks like the above code in my terminal window actually pastes into
> this Gmail message as:
>
> 3.7.5:  def f(s):
> ...             print(s)

And on Tutor the "p" now lines up with the colon!!

I have no clue as to what you gentle readers will see!!!

--
boB