[Tutor] push a keyboard button to run a function

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Apr 10 19:16:44 EDT 2020

On 10/04/2020 23:11, Chris C wrote:

> I am trying to invoke a function in my python code by using a keyboard
> keystroke.

You need to tell us more.
Is this a CLI program or a GUI? If a GUI which toolkit?
Tkinter? wxPython? other...
If a CLI which OS? If it is Unix like then the curses module
is your friend.
If its Windows the msvcrt module will help.

> Alternatively, I need to change a variable's value from true to false and
> false to true everytime when I push this button,

variable = not variable

will toggle a boolean between true/false.

But we need more context information to answer fully.
Ideally some code (even if it doesn't work) to see what
you are attempting.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site