[Tutor] matplotlib isn't recognized after installation

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Wed Sep 18 13:23:10 EDT 2019

On 9/18/19 10:53 AM, Pavel Yermolenko wrote:
> I run it on Jupyter.
>

> On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 7:39 PM Pavel Yermolenko <py.ohayo at sunrise.ch> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've installed matplotlib using the following command:
> python -m pip install matplotlib
>
> But when I try use it in my code I get this message:
> ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'matplotlib'
>
> Any comments ?

The problem is Jupyter wants to live it its own little world, so your
matplotlib undoubtedly went a place jupyter doesn't know to find it.

there are about a thousand different takes on this topic... maybe this
blog post will prove helpful:

https://jakevdp.github.io/blog/2017/12/05/installing-python-packages-from-jupyter/