[Tutor] Facebook script for keywords

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Tue Sep 10 04:44:05 EDT 2019

On 10/09/2019 04:10, Fidel Amoah wrote:
> Hello all, I’m new to Python so pardon my ignorance.

Are you an experienced programmer in any other languages?
If so, then python should be a very small part of your problem.

If not then you are probably biting off a bit more than you can
chew in the short term...

> I’d like to find out, is there a way of creating a Facebook ads script that
> targets audiences based on keywords? For instance, targeting an audience
> with the keyword “I’m interested”, while narrowing it down to a specific
> product category.

I know nothing of Facebook's public API and indeed only occasionally
use Facebook as a platform. However, it seems unlikely that they would
expose that algorithm to external agencies since it could be greatly
abused and seriously upset their customer base. So unless you work
for Facebook and have access to their core code I suspect its not possible.

On the other hand in this open-source age I'm possibly being overly
sceptical.

Do you have a Facebook interface specification you can share?
Then we might be able to help.

--

Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site