[Tutor] Please Help

Sean Frazier sfrazier8689 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 7 08:22:44 EDT 2019

I am running a problem in 'Think Python' and was having no issues with:

fin = open('words.txt')

Then when I was working with the reference file, running a function, my IDLE crashed and is no longer able to locate files using [var = open('file.txt')]

I have tried opening as 'r' and 'w', with no luck.

Also, sometimes I do not get an error, but when I go to read the list, it is empty ''.

Fixes Tried:

Repairing Python
Uninstalled and reinstalled python
Using the path to the file in the code
Designating ‘r’ and ‘w’
Installed Eclipse and placed the file.txt in the workspace folder

Thank you for helping in advance. This is most certainly not a bug in Python and should just be user error.

-Sean

Sent from Mail for Windows 10