[Tutor] python3 is not recognized

Eryk Sun eryksun at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 15:15:20 EDT 2019

On 9/4/19, Joffrey Schilling <joffrey.schilling at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>

> I am trying to get a robot to follow and unfollow instagram users.
>
> After downloading Atom and the robot at
> https://github.com/instabot-py/instabot.py I ve coded :
> C:\Users\Asus\Documents\Logiciels\instabot.py-master
> pip3 install --upgrade pip
> pip3 install -e .
> python3 run.py

The standard installation of Python only has python.exe and
pythonw.exe. It does not include python3.exe, pythonw3.exe,
python3.7.exe, or pythonw3.7.exe. venv virtual environments also do
not include executable files or links with these names. On the other
hand, the Windows 10 app distribution that's available in the
Microsoft Store does include appexec links with these names.

As others have suggested, the most reliable way to run a particular,
registered installation of Python in Windows is via the py.exe
launcher, or pyw.exe if you don't want a console window. This takes a
-X[.Y][-32|-64] option to specify the version to run. `py -h` lists
all available options.

To run the highest available version of Python 3, use `py -3`. To run
Python 3.7, if it's installed, use `py -3.7`.  If you need 32-bit for
some reason, and have a 32-bit Python 3 installed, run `py -3-32`. To
list available versions, run `py -0`, or `py -0p` to include the
executable paths in the list.

The default version for py.exe can be set in the PY_PYTHON environment
variable -- e.g. `PY_PYTHON=3.7-32`. To set the default specifically
for the -2 and -3 options, set `PY_PYTHON2` and `PY_PYTHON3`,
respectively.