[Tutor] ArgumentParser - Command Line arguments

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Thu Nov 21 10:11:13 EST 2019

On 11/21/19 1:33 AM, Asad wrote:
> Hi All ,,
>
> I have python 2.6.4 on solaris therefore I am not able to use the argparse .

have you thought of compiling a more recent Python, to make life a
little easier?

optparse doesn't have the ability to ignore unknown arguments, although
it's not horribly hard to teach it by overriding a method or two - you'd
need to subclass OptionParser (I work on a project which does this,
although only for long options).